X

• Фильтр
  • Время
  • Показать
Очистить всё
новые сообщения

• Help Needed: Peerstation SIG220 questions [ENGLISH]

Hi people,

I know that most people in this forum communicate in Russian, but I hope at I can at least get some answers, because this forum seems to be the only place in internet that includes information about Peerstation SIG220.

My story is like that: I've bought a Peerstation SIG220 receiver without any reasons, just being curious about any technology and afterwards discovered this forum. I added a 2,5" HDD to the unit and loaded the unit with the firmware v. 6.0.7TI that I found in the forum. I also managed to prepare the HDD with the help of the forum posts and now I have a networked media player that also can receive IP TV. I can also reach the unit within the network and also can open the unit's web page and log in to it to change settings etc. I've had no problems till this point.

Now, here are some things I couldn't manage:

1. INTERNET: There is no Internet section in the main menu in MX and when I push Internet button on the remote, nothing happens. I've seen some youtube videos showing the possibility to browse internet with this unit. Is it possible and how?

2. YOUTUBE: I've seen videos about the possibility to watch videos from youtube using this unit. How could I do it?

3. TORRENTS: I've browsed the HDD using an external HDD to USB cable after loading the firmware and preparing the HDD. When I browsed the partitions created in HDD, I've seen some files like torrent.html etc. Is is possible to use the unit also as a torrent downloader? Can I download torrents using it? How? (I plan to use this unit mainly for torrent downloading and network attached media player)

4. FUNCTIONS: (In combination with the previous question) What else could I do with SIG220? (except using it as an IP TV receiver and networked media player) Are there any other (not legally released) functions of this unit?

5. TELNET: hat can I do with unlocking telnet within this unit? (I can unlock it using the instructions mentioned in the forum)

6. FIRMWARE: What version of firmware do you suggest me to use? I'm currently using 6.0.7TI that I downloaded from the forum and installed as mentioned in the forum. Which one is the most fuctional firmware? (I'm not planning to use the unit mainly for IPTV)

7. WLAN CARD: Which wireless cards do this unit support? The unit I've bought doesn't have a wireless card in it. I connected and set it up successfully using LAN connection. I've installed an Intel 2200BG wireless adapter from my old computer but the setup could not see the wireless card or the MAC address of the wireless card, so it didn't work. What model and make is the wireless card in the wireless SIG220 units?

8. INTERNET + VIDEO: I've seen youtube videos (possibly official) that show the possibility to watch videos and browse the internet at the same time using the SIG220 receiver. How could I do it?

9. MX APPLICATION: I've seen that MX v3.0 is or is to be released. Are there any not specific IPTV company related firmware that includes MX v3.0?

10. DEVELOPMENT: How can I (and can I actually) make my own firmware and thereby use the unit as a very simple computer that can show videos, browse internet and download torrents? Are there any modded firmware that have these functions I mentioned?

These are all the questions I'm curious about. It would be great if you can help me finding out the answers and learning to use the SIG220 with all possible funtions..

Thank you all in advance and have a nice day,

Andac

Re: Help Needed: Peerstation SIG220 questions [ENGLISH]

@frozenyoghurt

1. not possible
    2. not possible
    3. not possible
    4. we do not know
    5. http://www.pristavka.de/index.php/topic,950.0.html
    6. no difference for you
    7. http://www.pristavka.de/index.php/topic,936.0.html
    8. not possible
    9. The MX 3.0 preview edition runs on PeerTV's PeerStation 340
    10. not possible
    Обсуждение всех нюансов развода в Германии. www.razvod.net

Комментарий

Thank you for your "not possible" answers, however I still don't think that this unit can't do these functions..

I have written that "I've seen videos showing the unit doing these functions" and now about being not possible of these functions, I'm confused. Anyway, I would be glad if some other people could reply to my questions too..

Thanks in advance!

Andac

Комментарий

we need full version with mx 2.x functionality.
        our verison (for kartina.tv) is not full
        Обсуждение всех нюансов развода в Германии. www.razvod.net

Комментарий

Hi. Where you from? How did you even get that unit? Tryed ask your shop man about that functionality? Like people here said that unit need extra OS for your request.
          Все вопросы, комментарии и замечания сюда
          -------------------------------------------------------------
          Internet: 16MBit/s Unitymedia Deutschland.
          HTPC: Pentium4 2,8 GHz, NVidia Geforce MX440
          -------------------------------------------------------------
          There's no place like 127.0.0.1 ...

Комментарий

[quote author=frozenyoghurt link=topic=3356.msg39128#msg39128 date=1253530946]
            Thank you for your "not possible" answers, however I still don't think that this unit can't do these functions..

I have written that "I've seen videos showing the unit doing these functions" and now about being not possible of these functions, I'm confused. Anyway, I would be glad if some other people could reply to my questions too..

Thanks in advance!

Andac
            [/quote]

All Answers written by Nitrogen are right, this STB (Sig220) developed as IPTV BOX for vendors as major target with network media player functionality without browser.

Комментарий

Hi again,

First of all I'm from Turkey and I got the unit from a customs sale, so, there is no company or no one to support.

Secondly, I'm sure that vendors limit their peerstations within the firmware because of this or that reasons but when I browse the HDD with another computer, I can see that the browser, torrent downloader files are all there in the partitions. In that case, I think with some work, the unit can get all the possible functions that are shown in the commercial youtube videos. Right?

Комментарий

[quote author=frozenyoghurt link=topic=3356.msg39216#msg39216 date=1253645846]
                Hi again,

First of all I'm from Turkey and I got the unit from a customs sale, so, there is no company or no one to support.

Secondly, I'm sure that vendors limit their peerstations within the firmware because of this or that reasons but when I browse the HDD with another computer, I can see that the browser, torrent downloader files are all there in the partitions. In that case, I think with some work, the unit can get all the possible functions that are shown in the commercial youtube videos. Right?

[/quote]

Wrong, in the commercial youtube demonstrated other browser on sig340 platform.
                Software of sig220 not supports internet browsing, anyway you can develop your own application with usage the STB as evaluation board, but this may take from you few years .

Комментарий

Обработка...
                X